Thursday, July 23, 2009

Image & Stunner









Well last night Image made huge improvements. She is facing up with Brady, and is now touching the pole without trying to strike or bite it. YAY. This filly has a wonderful flowing trot, and will make a very smooth ride for someone in a couple of years. I am really impressed with her. And love her built. To me she is more dun than bay, she doesn't look dark enough to be a bay. I hope to get a video of her today, I want to show off that nice trot.
The bad thing is Image has a terrible snotty nose, so she is on meds, and is being kept far away from everyone else, which has greatly upset her. She has been whinnying non stop for two days. But it also has her looking to Brady for companionship, which is wonderful.



Stunner is doing great, and is trying so hard to figure out what Brady wants of him. He is now leading, backing and yielding his hindquarters. He is still very nervous about anything touching his hindquarters, but is getting better all the time.



This is the best body shot of him so far. Y'all be the judge, is he brown or grulla?I love the way he arches his neck. He has a very nicely built head, neck and shoulder. This is Ransom, wearing a saddle pad. I am able to walk right up to him, and throw the pad on without him moving, I am doing this a liberty with him. He isn't even wearing a halter. I measured him the other day and he is 15.3, exactly what the BLM stated he was. This is one of the smartest horses I have ever worked with. I can't say enough good things about him. Thanks, Tara, Patti, Deborah and Juan Palma for working things out for me to get him.


This is Haramine, our little filly that was born here on June 12. Her Mom is out of Callaghan NV. I thought that Haramine was going to be a bay like Mom, but I think that she is turning black now. What do you think?


This is Jiggs, Brady filly from Rocky Hills, NV. She is so silly, hence the nickname Jiggs the Clown. She looks like a clown too with those blue eyes, lol. Yesterday she was showing off, and all of them were running and playing around. I tried to get pictures, but the camera on my cell phone is in a bad place and as you can see, I can't keep my finger off the camera lens.
Jiggs is going to be one BIG horse, measuring from the point of her knee to the ground is 16.2. If that test is accurate that means she is going to be 16.2 hands high. It should be interesting to see how close she gets to this. But I was told by someone who was at the roundup of this herd that there was some 17 hand horses captured. I would highly recommend anyone that is thinking of adopting to check out the current Internet Adoption, as there are several Rocky Hills horses on her, include a very nice grulla filly. Burns Oregon also has a nice horses on there, that is where my Ransom is from.

2 comments:

  1. Janet and Brady, Two really nice yearlings! I can't pick one as "the best" or my favorite. I'm so glad I don't have to!
    Have fun with them Brady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, I think that is going to be the hardest part for him.

    ReplyDelete