Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wonderful Horsey Day

Yesterday was just a wonderful day, Cougar (Brady wants to call her) is finally learning that we will not hurt her, she accepted the pole on her back, giving to pressure, and even let me touch her face. She wants so badly to trust Brady and I, but isn't quite there yet. Learning to lead.
Allowing me to touch her face, notice that her ears are up, and she is actually eating hay still. This is a huge step forward for her.
Cougar has a very nice head, whoever adopts her is going to be happy.
Stunner had a huge day yesterday, first him and Shawn got to know each other. We are trying to get him used to a lot of different people handling him.

Making friends with Shawn. Stunner was able to walk around the yard yesterday for the first time.
Following nicely along over garden hoses, around bikes, lawnmowers, and tarps.
Brady and Stunner playing in the water, Stunner loves to drink from the hose.
Following Brady
Stunner likes to be rubbed on.

Blue has to come see what we are doing and check out Stunner. As I was walking in the house, I turned are and caught this picture. Brady was talking to Jiggs, and she was falling asleep on him. This is one remarkable filly.
Jiggs trying to con someone into petting her. Silly girl.

As we were getting ready to come in for the evening, I found Ransom's spot, he loves to be rubbed on his withers, look at that lip. The more time I spend with this horse, the more I fall in love with him. He is truly one of those once in a lifetime horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment